Movie Review: The Revenant


So Long story short, I think Leonardo Di Caprio may finally get that Well Over-due Oscar he deserves. I didn't know what to expect from this Movie, because I didn't look up what it was about. But I actually thoroughly enjoyed it! The reason i wanted to see it, is because Its based on real events that happened.


In the Opening scene of the Movie, You really get a feel of what its going to be about. And for once, I didn't know what was going to happen next. I was constantly "On the edge of my seat", waiting for another turn in the story. I usually dont like Movies that are bloody and violent at times, but Its what made the movie so good.  It was dragged on  though. At a point watching the movie It became predictable. But fair play to the special effects team because they made the movie look really realistic, I wouldn't recommend it for people who have weak Stomachs because in some of the scenes, there are extreme measures taken by Leo's Character in order to survive. But its just brilliant. During the movie, I saw a few of the things he acted out in previous movies acted out in this one. For example he went a little crazy in Wolf of Wall street at one point, and he does in this too and another one related to the titanic also.

If Leonardo Di Caprio isnt enough reason to go see the Revenant, well Tom Hardy is in it as well. He is almost unrecognisable in the movie but he too plays a brilliant role in it. The Revenant had 2 stories in. It was focusing on one issue that was going on whilst focusing on another and the 2 stories come together so brilliantly. I really think Leo is going to win an Oscar for his performance. I personally really liked it, therefore i recommend it.

Id rate it 4/55 stars!

  - Meg

Comments

Popular Posts