Movie Review: Room


Room is a 2015 Canadian-Irish drama-thriller film directed by Lenny Abrahamson and written by Emma Donoghue, based on her novel of the same name. This movie is a deeply emotional one, playing on your heart strings in many parts of the movie. 


I found myself glued to this movie as i was watching it. Brie Larson (Ma) and son Jack (Jacob Tremblay) both amazed me at how talented they were. Brie Larson who played the female leading role, recently won a Golden Globe award for her performance and my god was it deserved.
Its not like any movie ive ever seen. Its different. For those of you reading this, hoping to go, i will try my best not to ruin it for you. I was completely surprised watching it because I wasn't expecting this storyline. Its so powerful and it highlights the seriousness and the psychological damage that is caused to a woman who is raped and then kidnapped for many years.

I would highly recommend going to see the movie. I really loved it. There are other amazing actors who are seen throughout, Including William H, Macy, who is popularly known for his role in Jurassic Park. Joan Allen, known for the bourne ultimatum movies also features. This moving drama is a must see, but I do advise a box of tissues will be necessary.

Here's the trailer for anyone interested. But if you don't want the storyline ruined for you, don't watch it because it will ruin it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Ci-pAL4e

ENJOY!!


- Meg 

Comments

Popular Posts